Pages

Saturday 5 November 2016

Smoking Vs. Vaping: How Much Could We Save?

Smoking Vs. Vaping: How Much Could We Save?


I'm a smoker. A heavy smoker. On a good day, I probably get through about 10g of tobacco. On a bad day, up all day and working nights, I probably go through 15g. I used to smoke normal cigarettes, and still treat myself to a pack now and again, but it got far too costly.

So I buy a pack of tobacco for around £4. I probably buy 7 a week. That comes to £28. You could say that's £112 a month, but add in the odd pack of ciggies or extra tobacco, it's more like £150. 



It's not just my pocket that's suffering, it's my health too. But despite all that, I still haven't found the willpower to give it up. I've tried the gum, which made my mouth itch, and an e-cigarette which I hated. 

Now, everywhere I go, people are vaping. They look like dragons, with a cloud of smoke obscuring their heads. At first, I'd shake my head at them and roll my eyes. But....maybe it's worth a go......

Now, if it works, how much would I be saving? According to my research, I could save around £23 a week. Apparently, after I've purchased my starter kit, my average spend would be as follows:

£155 a year for liquid
£20 a year on batteries
£72 a year on clearomisers (originally I thought this was a cleaning product, but apparently it's the part that converts the liquid into vapour)

All in all, this sounds brilliant. And they smell nicer too! So come payday (unless I give up before I start) I'm going to invest in a vapey whatsit and do my very best dragon impression. If I can last at least a week, there just might be hope for me yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment