Pages

Thursday 16 May 2013

In 1981....

I was born (you lucky people) in 1981. I know lots of other interesting things that happened that year!

Bucks Fizz won Eurovision with "Making Your Mind Up".

Aids was formally recognised.

Ronald Reagan became President of the USA.

I could go on and on and on....but what I've never known is, what good books were published that year! So I've done some quick research and come up with these gems:

Red Dragon by Thomas Harris.



A charming tale about a cannibal.

Then we have Cujo by Stephen King. One for the animal lovers, it's about a rabid dog. Aww...

Goodnight Mister Tom, by Michelle Magorian, is a childrens book about a young abused evacuee. Were any cheerful books written that year?!

Yes. Yes, there were....



The perfect book to be created the same year as me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment